CELEBRATING THE ART OF FLORISTRY
We are happy to announce that the winner of our first annual Scholarship Programme is Stephanie Swan. Thank you to the all applicants who shared their inspirational stories with us, and a big congratulations to Stephanie. We look forward to meeting her on our next Career Course on 30 July 2018.
The London Flower School celebrated its first anniversary on May 2018, giving us cause to wonder how we fitted so much living into so little time. In the past twelve months, we have curated unique floral experiences that border a variety of cultures, art forms, and interests.
We have shared these experiences with a wide range of creative and talented individuals, forging friendships and networks that remind us why we love teaching. No less important, we have fulfilled the London Flower School’s founding mission to innovate and proliferate floristry as an art form.
To celebrate the first of, we hope, many thrilling years of aesthetic exploration, we have launched the London Flower School Annual Scholarship Programme. The goal behind this initiative is simple: to bring this most natural of art forms into the life of someone who may otherwise not have access to it.
LFS has a passion for sharing knowledge and the nurturing of talent. We are delighted to be able to offer this opportunity to prospective students.
This year, the scholarship will award one place on the summer Career Course, which runs from 30 July – 24 August, to a successful entrant. This course is designed to give students all of the tools, whether artistic or business-related, to open their own floristry business, and imparts a professional level skillset. More information about the course can be found here.
It is our sincere hope that this programme will enable an aspiring florist to realise their vision.
HOW TO APPLY
Update: Applications for the LFS Scholarship 2018 are now closed. We are reviewing applications and the winner will be announced on this page and on London Flower School social media channels on Saturday 30 June 2018.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is open to persons of all nationalities over the age of 18 years and covers the full cost of the four-week Career Course. Travel expenses and accommodation are not included.
- If you do not hold a UK/EU/EEA passport, you may require a visa that allows you entry to the UK in order to attend the Career Course. For more information, please see the UK Home Office website at http://www.gov.uk. It is the applicants' responsibility to determine how far in advance they need to apply for a visa if it is required, and to allow sufficient time to obtain a visa.
- The winner's name will be announced on our website and social media channels on Saturday 30 June 2018.
- The winner must be able to attend the full course from 30 July to 24 August 2018 at the London Flower School. The dates are not transferrable or refundable, and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to attend the course on these dates, the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant at the judges' decision.
- The judges’ decision is final.